The Road Rally will cost $20 per team so we can recover some of
our expenses. The game may start promptly at 10:00am on
Saturday. You should arrive a few minutes early to fill out
paperwork. We're giving you the rules ahead of time so you can study
and absorb them.
- You shouldn't have to do anything illegal to finish the Road
Rally. (You can, if you want, but don't expect us to bail you
- Interference with other teams is not allowed under any
circumstances. If you feel that someone has done something
untoward, call base.
- Slapping people with artificial pelican feet is strictly prohibited,
except when accompanied by a brief jig or polka.
- Using external resources is okay. You may call your aunt Ethel and
ask her about the superfulidity of hydrogen or commune with Carl
Sagan about astrology--we don't care.
- Clues will be packaged for individual consumption. Keep the
- All clues must be visited to win. Having milk and cookies with them
is not strictly necessary.
- You can call the base for hints, but there will be a penalty.
Most clues are meant to take about an hour to an hour and a half
to complete. If it's taking you longer, call base. If you are
getting frustrated, call base. If you think you have the right
place for the clue, but can't find the packet, call base. If you
have that squirmy, itchy feeling, excuse yourself and take care of
- One vehicle per team. All team members, prosthetics, and support
devices must fit in/on/under the vehicle. Check your odometer
before and after. When it's all over, we'll tell you how much
extra driving you did.
- In the unlikely event of sudden cabin depressurization, oxygen
masks will fall from the overhead compartment. Secure your own
before assisting others.
- Clues are not neccessarily the same, at the same place, nor in the
same order for all teams.
- You won't need to drive to Mexico (though you may want to if you
didn't heed rule #1). The playing area is the smaller of the two
regions bounded by I-880, and highways 17, 35, and 92.
THIS ROAD RALLY IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND,
EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE
IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR
PURPOSE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE OF THE
ROAD RALLY IS WITH YOU. SHOULD THE ROAD RALLY PROVE DEFECTIVE,
YOU ASSUME THE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR OR
IN NO EVENT UNLESS REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW OR AGREED TO IN
WRITING WILL THE ROAD RALLY CREATORS, OR ANY OTHER PARTY WHO MAY
MODIFY AND/OR REDISTRIBUTE THE ROAD RALLY, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR
DAMAGES, INCLUDING ANY GENERAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR
CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE
THE ROAD RALLY (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF DATA OR DATA
BEING RENDERED INACCURATE OR LOSSES SUSTAINED BY YOU OR THIRD
PARTIES OR A FAILURE OF THE ROAD RALLY TO OPERATE WITH ANY OTHER
ROAD RALLIES), EVEN IF SUCH HOLDER OR OTHER PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED
OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.