Seth's Adventures in Scotland
Ok, so I'm off in Scotland doing grad school. I must be having some sort of adventures, right?
Bizarre Scottish foods I've tried:
- deep fried pizza
- Hold a small toppingless pizza by its heel and immerse it in the
river Hot Grease. It's good, but didn't taste different enough
from a normal pizza to warrant the years taken off my life.
- tuna on a pizza
- This was really weird, until I realized it was a tuna melt. Actually,
no, it was still weird.
- deep fried Mars bar (UK Mars Bar == US Milky Way)
- This sounds completely disgusting, but it's heaven in mouth.
- Jumbo deep fried haggis (with chips)
- Got Lung? It was ok. Kind of grainy. Not really that
- Roast turkey with traditional trimmings
- Guess what the traditional trimmings are? Sausage! Several
people told me that it's not uncommon for the sausage to be
wrapped in bacon, but I missed that particular freakshow.
- veggie haggis on baked potato
- smoked salmon pizza
- YUM! (Jeff begged for just one more slice)
- banana flavoured milk
- Ian would love this. It's not really banana flavored, it's
banana flavor flavored. It's really gross. I was told I hadn't
truly lived before sampling this vile nectar.
- Pretzel sticks with bits of embedded marmite.